Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

5 days of not much

Lundy

Daylight to dark, nothing of any quality seen by me. Multiple young bucks everyday. My buddy saw one of our targets on Monday evening and couldn't get the shot. I still have 8 more gun days to get it done.

I am however having a bunch of fun with a new camera I purchased for my wife:D It is a Nikon P900 and it has a 83X optical zoom.

This deer was at 145 yds. The first picture is slightly zoomed and then each picture after zoomed in more until the last picture at full zoom

Also a couple of the bird pictures I've taken. The coopers hawk landed on the fence post where I have one of my game cameras mounted and was around 90 yds away and is not at full zoom. The bluebird with an attitude reminds me of the look on my wife's face when I told her I was taking her new camera hunting.

Last edited:

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
That is awesome. At least you are making the best of your time outdoors... might need to put a calender togather with pics like those

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lundy, I've been looking forward to your gun season update. Hopefully a good one will show up for you and your gang. You always seem to get it done during the firearms season. Great pics, that's got to be a good way to whittle the time away.

Lundy

Brock,

This is the one I am targeting primarily, at of least of the ones I know of. I have seen a bunch of young bucks this week that I have never had on any of the cameras. I picked him because he was out last Thursday through Sunday between 4-5 every evening in the same location. He hasn't been out in the daylight there this week. He has been back there 2 of the last 5 nights however including last night. I think he is laying in the brush watching me and laughing at me. That area gets a rest now until the 2 day, I'm switching to another buck in the morning with the forecasted north wind early. I may not win against any of them but I still love playing the game.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Great looking buck Lundy! Good luck!

Keep those pictures coming too. It looks like you're having fun with that new camera. I have just as much fun taking picture out there.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Great pics. I too was looking forward to your updates. Good luck out there!