Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buddy's buck

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
So, as a few of you know I've been hunting a buddy's farm this year that he just bought this summer. We've put in alot of time and have it half figured out already. Long story short, we've been after 2 main deer this year. One is a 150+ 11 point and the other is a big old main frame 6. He's an old warrior. We've gotten pic after pic of him from pre rut on, and knew we were close to his casa. 2 weekends ago, I had him at 44 yards chasing a doe, but that's further than I'm going to shoot, and he was in brush. He looks like an elk in the woods! My buddy usually focuses on bow hunting, but is in the process of building a house, and was only able to take gun week off. He's been hunting with his father in law every day from dark to dark. They've been sitting in blinds about 100 yds apart. After 2 close calls with the big 6, and one with the big 11 pt, I got this pic sent to me today while I was at work! I was in the middle of welding, and shut down the whole project to call him lol. He said the buck came in to 80 yards, but with the wind swirly starred acting skittish. He shoulders his muzzy and squeezed off a perfect broadside double lung shot. Here some pics. uploadfromtaptalk1449099222427.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449099264582.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449099293374.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449099322760.jpg