Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I "think" I know something

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Awaiting a confirmation text. Pretty sure he was asking me to start a thread. Not 100% positive. Haven't seen him online. Hasn't replied. Hoping he is busy. Be nice to see some redemption for him.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It was I. Sorry for the late report in. It was a trip to hell on the recovery. I shot it at 5:15 PM at 30 yds. with my 45-70 and with 4 does running every which way I lost track of it exactly.
I knew where I shot it so I went there and found couple drops of blood and only could follow it for 20 yds or so and lost it. So I just knew it was a high lung shot. Short story for now is it went across the hay field into the brush and fell into a small creek. I got it out and drug it about 75 yds and I was done. No one was home at my son's, texted my nephew and he came down and helped drag it the next 100 yds. Then drug it home with the golf cart.
This has to be biggest doe I've taken in 48 yrs. Gave the deer to my brother who isn't hunting anymore.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice job Frank! Glad your nephew was there to lend you a hand.

The boys always help out when needed. I gave him a deer last year but he had no freezer
I'm beat and I messed my sore right shoulder up getting it out of the creek.
Did a all day hunt today in my tower. I was a little short on propane tanks and I got chilled this afternoon and had minor leg spasms and will probably be hell when I go to bed.