Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lots of potential here

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Check out this dude . Can ya imagine what he'll become if he survives . I think he's2.5 and has a pretty mainframe 12 point rack already .

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow JD. That is crazy similar to the 14pt I killed in 2013. The last 2 points were on the inside of the main beam pointing towards each other.

themedic

OHIO
Do you guys have any pics of these deer last year? I struggle many times with bucks of this caliber/range. One deer in particular I have at my farm this year looked just like the two pictured above....snd this year is a solid 160 inches. He has to be a 4 year old but would have swore he was 2 last year.

At any rate, im starting to think its better to have shity 3 year olds that are easy to pass, maybe even shity as a 4 year old and then it's easy to get them to 5.....where they should blow up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Very nice! Looks like the one I almost shot the other nice, but I think he was 3. I'm like Corey, hard for me to believe it when I see 2 year old deer with bigger than average racks. It's a sticky situation.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If that dude is only 2, and I agree he may be, and he gets another two or three years, he is going to be a giant! I hope he makes it!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I really can't say for sure that one I posted is 2.5, he very well could be 3.5. But comparing him to other deer from that camera I'd lean towards 2.5. Whtaver age he is give him another yr or 2 and he'll be a deer iI'd be happy with.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well he's stlll alive , but looks like he may have taken a shot during gun high above spine . Also he appears to have a blind eye . Looking at prior pics it seems it was like that before gun but I just didn't notice .

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'm hoping he makes it. He's getting a pass from me this yr unless something crazy happens and I mistakingly shoot him with a gun . Its not that he's not nice now, but I figure he's at most 130", and next yr stands to be a lot bigger. So we'll see. Just neat following a deer. Should be easy to identify if he makes it.

Something weird I noticed going thru prior pics is he always keeps his good eye pointed towards the camera and never puts his blindside towards it. It was tough finding a previous pic I could even see his left eye in. Which is why I hadn't realized it was blind