Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thanksgiving Ritual

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well made it out for our annual thanksgiving rabbit hunt.... The boys went out last night so we started a little later than normal.... By the time we hit the woods it was a little after 9 this morning.... Hit the first farm had 3 runs with one dropped.... Second farm we had 4 really good long runs and only one too show for it.... Lots of seeing just not lots of shooting lol.... We did a lot of BS'ng and it's probably the reason they got by us too much lol....

My son is up from SC and I've haven't seen much of his buddies since he's not up here anymore and they've got jobs and wives/girlfriends too occupy themselves now lol... They told me they always look forward too this hunt as we've been doing it with them since they were teens...

Great day in the field as well as catching up with them all..... The girls had a pretty good day as well, even as warm as it ended up being.... Warm, dry and breezy aren't the best days for tracking but they made it happen...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448586553.792907.jpg
Sarah

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448586576.241590.jpg
Candy too the left and Katie (the senior citizen) straight back....

Jamie

Ohio
good deal, and hey, the dogs got to run some rabbits. not their fault the shooters were shooting the breeze instead of the rabbits. lol...

did it for years, now I'm either busy preparing feast or traveling. I miss those Thanksgiving morning hunts.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This is Katie's 11th year doing it and I can see a considerable difference in speed from last year.... She has put on a few extra pounds as she's laying around more lol.... Much like the rest of us seniors lol....

I know her retirement is coming but not looking forward too it that's for sure.... Although for all the enjoyment that she's given over the years it's well deserved..... Not looking forward too leaving her behind while the other two go out....
She may have her special days where I'll take her where the landscape is easy....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's a tradition worth continuing, J! Our pups couldn't smell 'em today. No idea why. I jumped three in a very short times and they ran none. Strange. One of my girls is in really bad shape with a bad back. I was just glad to see her want to go with us, she hasn't done that for several years now.