Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Does this look like it was cut?

HeartLunger

Pulled a camera tonight because it wasn't getting signal. The cable connecting the external battery box was in two pieces. It was dark and I assumed a squirrel gnawed through it. Once I got it home and in the light I instantly thought it had been cut with a knife. What are your thoughts?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Those are knife cuts bud. Almost like someone was slashing at it thinking they might get shocked. Squirrels gnaw a streak like a canal that you can clearly see two teeth marks in.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You can even see where the knife wedged the material on each side of the kerf. The pressure from the blade getting wider the deeper it went made that rolled edge look on each side of the cut. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448412341.604408.jpg

HeartLunger

Wish I had another camera on this, or at least had this setup where it couldn't be approached from outside the field of view.

I've never had my stuff messed with before. It certainly my makes you feel a little violated. [emoji17]

HeartLunger

You can even see where the knife wedged the material on each side of the kerf. The pressure from the blade getting wider the deeper it went made that rolled edge look on each side of the cut. View attachment 38882

I guess I didn't get a picture of it, or at least maybe it's not showing up, but on one side of the cable there's surface marks where the tip of a knife scratched the side on the back stroke.

HeartLunger

That's actually what doesn't make sense. Why not take the camera with such lose security? Why just cut the cable?

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Its hard to tell not knowing how thick the cable was? or was it a wire? 1/8" or half inch cable. I would lean toward a knife as who would want to ruin a broadhead?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'd say a squatch was gnawing on it.... Them big feet are mischievous little buggers!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448456701.012304.jpg

This one keeps pulling my buddies truck tool box outta his truck bed putting it next too the garage.... He's an ass.... The squatch, not my buddy....