Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 150 inch 10pt.

themedic

OHIO

He looked like a small version of THE JORDAN buck with 4 10 inch bladed tines, a common base kicker on the left G2 that bent forward, double inside stickers on his left main beam end and brows that pointed together. I stalked up to him bedded around 11 am after he hung up at 50 yards in a briar patch. It would have been a great story and deer. I've ran 3 cameras on this farm since Sept and I'de never seen him till today....and prob will never see him again. He was a real beauty! If only......misses hurt.......tomorrow is another day

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sucks!!! Looks like the end result of one of our TOO 3d archery outings. Lmao
This is the exact reason we come up with those shots on the 3d range. Anyone can pinwheel one from the stakes. When you have to shoot through trees and crap that where the rubber meets the road. Hashtag real life.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I say that all the time except I say Hashbrown instead of hashtag. Autocorrect screwed the joke.

Gordo

Athens County
I gotta couple tree's that need cut down...... Hurts to think about, but a memory that will never be forgotten.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448340429.978180.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448340480.951154.jpg

15 yards. Took an extra two steps after trying to stop him

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's hard reliving encounters like this as we've all had to at one point in our hunting career. Just gotta move on and learn from it. Sounds like you've got the right attitude. Get back out after em!

Pigsdaddy

I have 4 of those on my mantle, that were all taken in Ohio. Each was taken on seperate years and each represents an 1800 mile no big buck round trip. They hurt my feelings pretty good at the time, because I hit everyone of them shooting at a huge buck, but now I'm able to laugh it off. Besides, do you realize how good a shot I must be to place a mechanicl broad head in a finger sized tree so that it opens pointing straight up and down from 35 yds away? Sorry about your luck.

It's a matter of time for that to happen if you bowhunt! Well, maybe NOT a 150 class buck though LOL! Like others have said, shooting at a clear target is easy...thread that needle and that's where you find out a lil about your abilities.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Brother did this some years ago, called me said he nailed a good one but thinks he hit it in he shoulder due too the loud crack he heard.... It was evening and he couldn't find his arrow or blood... Told him too back out, we'll look in the morning.... Next morning we found his arrow 15' up in a tree limb.....

Happens too all of us a time or two..... Or three or four from the sounds of it lol....