Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doe had to die

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well as Jesse started a nice I know something thread, I have to tell the story for you all.

This year I have picked up a few great farms to hunt so the bucks that the "farm" haven't been up to par. I have noticed a large increase in the doe population. Today I got in a stand with the mindset of killing a nice sized doe.

She came in at 415 with a few others. I drew back and stuck her! She ran about 125 yards and dropped. Heres a picture of me and her. Not to happy with how the RAGE performed but thats a different debate for a different day.

PS: this drag was a SOB! IMG_1143.JPGIMG_1144.JPGIMG_1146.JPG

at1010

*Supporting Member*
thanks everyone.

I am very surprised by the lack of blood. It was steady but just like pin prikcs on the ground. When I gutted her she had her heart cut in half, and the rage tore into a lung. Not sure how she could have made it as far as she did. Tough animals.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_1149.JPG

boy was this doe FAT! Checkout this after I skinned her out with my buddy! I have never killed a deer this early that had this much fat on her/him.

What are your thoughts!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is the second half of November. Hard saying. Maybe she was stocking up reserves because she was eating for multiple deer? Maybe just not pressured with plenty of food available? Maybe cold part of winter is about to hit and she knows this better than us? I dunno. An inch thick along spine and above rear hips I have seen plenty of times. Usually more in Dec-Feb, but I don't usually shoot does in Nov. Lol