Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone hiring?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well fellas, the hits just keep on coming. As of 3PM, I am officially unemployed for the first time since I joined the workforce. It is scary times in the patch and I was an easy fire for them to make based on the numbers. Merit and my worth had no influence, just came down to dollars and cents. And some politics...

I have 10 years industry experience in oil and gas, with a marketing degree and some sales experience. I know I'm a little isolated geographically from a lot of you, but I would appreciate any leads that someone might have.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I am sorry to read this Jess. I will keep my ears open for you as well.
What sort of areas did your past oil field jobs encompass?

PM if need be. No clue if I have anything but it will help.

Last edited:

jeremy44230

Medina County
Damn! Sorry to hear this Jesse. I'll keep my ears open, but I'm up north.... Never know. Hopefully with your experience and the industry the way it is, you'll get in quick.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What sort of areas did you past oil field jobs encompass?

I'm very well versed from a land perspective. I can run title, lease, acquire right of way, handle in field landowner issues, and I have some experience in construction and operations. I've bought 25 miles of high pressure transmission pipeline RW in my day, and several more miles of smaller lines. I've settled damages. Handled royalty and division order issues. I've been around a lot of different aspects and was raised in the patch by a surveyor. There is a lot I can do to help out.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sucks man. Just keep your head up and keep moving forward. Don't take this as a reflection upon yourself. To them it's just business. Find you another business to work for

1. Apply for unemployment.
2. Get resume up to date.
3. Hit up Indeed.com for postings - Remember that something like 80% of jobs are never posted
4. Hit up linked in and network with others.
5. While the gas industry may be down, that doesn't always mean every company in the industry is struggling. Someone has to be on top. Someone saw the shift and diversified or branched out.
6. Don't be afraid to branch out. I'm sure you worked with a lot of people in your time, Pipeline companies, pad companies, timber companies. Even if you only met them once call them and see what their companies are up to.

teej89

NE PA
Damn Jesse sorry to hear this... I don't have much to contribute job wise unfortunately but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Totally Sucks Jesse. I will keep my ears open as well and put out some feelers in the industry. Praying for ya buddy, hate to see this happening to a lot of good people in the oil and gas field. Sucks!!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn I hate to hear this dude. I'm sorry. You're a hard worker though and I'm sure you'll bounce back before you know it. Keep your eyes out for jobs with the state... Oil and Gas Division or Mineral Resources Management Division. I think you have plenty of experience and are more than marketable.

whack

That sucks!!! I know where u are at. I was unemployed for the first time ever a lil over 2 years ago and was scared. That's when I got in the patch. Not sure how I'm still here with all the layoffs.