Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Iks bitchesssss

Bigcountry40

9 point 20151114_214348.jpg20151114_214752.jpg

Bigcountry40

Sort of had frustrating season with issues with neighboring land owners, squirrel hunters during the rut, mennonites and list continues. This deer was not my target buck, but with all the issues I decided to harvest him. I had seen this deer twice before but let him walk, yesterday he hung around for about 5 minutes, went into a thick and I decided if he came back out I was going to whack him. 31 yard shot behind the right shoulder, he ran 40 yards and expired. I literally walked about 1/2mile back and planned on using my 4 wheeler to get him out. I walked out to get my 4 wheeler and discovered I left the key at my house an hour away. My uncle and I had to drag that deer 1/2 mile up and down the hill of Tuscarwaras county. The deer is probably a 120" and was over 200#, he was 3 1/2 year old deer. I am very content with my harvest and hopefully my target buck makes it through the winter and I have a chance at him next year. With twin 18 month boys at home sometimes we have to settle, but was happy to settle on him this year. BigCountry40 signing off.