Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Man cave improvements

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I spent the afternoon installing 3 new electric circuits from my case trimming machines. Looks like the operation will stay here as long as I care to do it.
Each machine has 3 motors and one 20 AMP breaker won't carry 2 machines. Each wall has it's own circuit so being close to the corner I could use those 2 circuits with a 3 ft extension cord. Then had to run one motor off the ceiling light plug.
I got tired of the extension cord and popping GFI's. So I decided to run 3 new 20 AMP circuits. Had to remove 3 ft of batting insulation to get to the studs. I used a 3 gang box and installed 3 20 AMP plugs. They don't make a 3 place plug plate cover so I took a double and single plug plate cover trimmed the 2 sides off and it covers perfectly.
Got done, hooked everything up and of course everything works.
Electric work is very simple when you understand it. Just run wire from point A to B with no breaks. When you get done all plugs, switches should work with no shorts or fires. See there how simple it is. LOL

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Good job Frank. Messing with wires I'm ok with. Getting inside the breaker box scares the crap out of me but I've done it and still have all my fingers.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I wish it was always that easy...

I was self taught but had a master electrician show me some shortcuts. I've always done electric work but he showed me good pointers. He showed me the 2 wire system so no need to use 3 way wire when doing 3 or 4 way switches. I wired my daughter's and son's new houses several years ago and both passed inspection on the 1st test. Inspectors are real picky when it come to homeowner permits.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sound great Frank. Have you posted pics of your man cave yet or did I miss them somewheres?

I posted the trimming setup awhile back. Been busy with the setup work and production I haven't finished my office side with 40 yrs of deer and elk racks plus sort out my gun and hunting book collection keepers.
All the cords running around are gone now and go straight into the wall plugs behind the machines.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very cool! Nice reloading shop area!

My reloading presses are on a 15 ft bench to the right. I plan on cutting back and will be selling off my 2 Dillon 550 presses and conversions after the 1st of the year. I have most popular large volume caliber conversions form Dillon 1050 press and the less used calibers I will use the Lee 4 hole turret press.
The reloading area is in the back 50% of the 15x30 room seperated by the shown shelves. The front 50% will be my office man cave area.

Last edited: