Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Did I miss the RUT?

42Willys

I've hunted my property in Licking County from last Saturday (11/07) through today (11/13) taking only yesterday off because of high wind gusts. The activity is practically non-existent. I did observe a young buck at a distance moving with his nose to the ground on Wednesday and off and on a few doe without a trailing buck. What gives? Did I completely miss the rut? Have we not peaked yet? WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE OBSERVING? I am perplexed.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If you haven't figured it out by now. These guys are pulling your leg. If someone could predict the rut with accuracy in a specific area Michael Waddell would be out of a job. If you're seeing does it will happen eventually. Just keep at it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Talk too 10 people you'll get 10 different opinions.... Some places it's pretty much over and others are knee deep in it.... Just keep at it and something will happen, the odds are in your favor while you're out there.... Not so much on the couch....

There is a second rut, you might see it here in a week or two....

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yep, I've pretty experienced the same thing. My part of the lease where I hunt was really happening back in the first week of Nov, according to my TC's.
I am sure it will heat back up next week when I go back to work! Lol

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO.
Monday I seen 4 bucks and no does in the morning.
Tuesday I seen 5 bucks and no does in the morning.
Wednesday I seen 12 bucks and 11 does. Bucks chasing does everywhere.
Thursday off due to wind.
Friday I only seen a 3" and 5" bucks and no does in the morning. But the wind was blowing 20-36 MPH.

IMHO here in SW Ohio the does are in hiding getting ready to be bred and the bucks are standing near by just waiting.
But what the hell do I know about the rut.