Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IKS that I wish I had know 1.5 months ago.....

Kaiser878

ohio
That apparently my hunt test/duck dog is a deer tracking dog
Ha

A kid on facebook I'm friends Roth just happens to live 1.5 miles down the road. He posted on Facebook he lost blood on his deer.... blood petered out and the rain started and washed what little specks they did have, away....... so i messaged him and ace and I came over to give it a whirl..... ace got on the trail and tracked for about 150 yards with no visible blood...I'll be honest I didn't trust him... but we didn't have anything to lose. So I let him lead me by the leash.... he walked with with his nose down the whole way..... and walked us right to it..... just for the record, it was a slick trick broad head.... so not all heads are invincible... but I won't blame the head... this sort of stuff happens if you hunt deer long enough.

Kaiser878

ohio
uploadfromtaptalk1447384002101.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was just going too post where's the pictures lol.... Congrats too ace on his first tracking job on something without feathers....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That apparently my hunt test/duck dog is a deer tracking dog
Ha

A kid on facebook I'm friends Roth just happens to live 1.5 miles down the road. He posted on Facebook he lost blood on his deer.... blood petered out and the rain started and washed what little specks they did have, away....... so i messaged him and ace and I came over to give it a whirl..... ace got on the trail and tracked for about 150 yards with no visible blood...I'll be honest I didn't trust him... but we didn't have anything to lose. So I let him lead me by the leash.... he walked with with his nose down the whole way..... and walked us right to it..... just for the record, it was a slick trick broad head.... so not all heads are invincible... but I won't blame the head... this sort of stuff happens if you hunt deer long enough.

How was the shot placement; what makes you believe the head had a bearing on the outcome?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The silent one has been awakened. . . .mischeif.gifmischeif.gifmischeif.gif

Don't be bad talking Joe's Slickies. lmao

Nah. Since he mentioned it I'm genuinely curious what the correlation is. He said he's not blaming the head but I don't see any blood on the bucks mouth or nose leading me to believe it was a gut shot. Just wondering what a gut shot has to do with the head itself. Also since ST was bought out I've been keeping tabs on topics where people are using them to see if the performance has diminished. The day they got bought out I purchased 3 packs of heads and two packs of replacement blades.