Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DIY buddy stand blind

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
After hunting with Brock and Mason, I knew I had to get something on the two man stands for Garrett and I. Giving credit to Brock on the simple concept. This is my take on it. Tonight I made the first one to see how it lasts. Wire mesh similar to the sides of a rabbit cage is what I used. Chicken wire? I don't know what you call it but the roll is in the pics. I used one section of the camo burlap over it. I have used this burlap before. I doubled or tripled it up in thickness where I could. One layer thick is sort of see thru.

uploadfromtaptalk1447382712443.jpg

I tried to put holes in it and build grommets I could secure it with and hook to shooting rail. That didn't work so I just used a bunch of zip ties. I should have had it on months ago. Oh well. It is going on when we show up to hunt tomorrow. Here are the pics.

uploadfromtaptalk1447382826025.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Crap. Just realized I forgot the pictures from the ground. Garrett was cold and had to pee. We were just trying to get out of there. Sorry guys. It pretty much looks like it did on the shop floor leaned up against the salt spreader on pallets. . . But it is attached to the shooting rail. lol

townzen

I thought the fencing was a joke until I sat in it for a day or so. You can hang all of your stuff on it and it is out of sight. It makes an excellent accessory hook in addition to not moving in the wind.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The one Phil and Townzen have sat in is not my best work. I use 2x4 panel fence on them usually. I extend the fencing out away from the ladder so that when you crawl up it isn't in the way. It's like climbing up through a tunnel. Solid camo cloth is far better than the mesh stuff too. I'll snap a pic the next time I am by one of those stands.