Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jake and Jaces 2015/16 trapping journal

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I put out 6 Coyote sets and a dozen muskrat and mink sets. I found some good rat sign today. So we will see. I'm waiting to set my coon sets for a week or so. Planning on a few more fox/Coyote sets tomorrow.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Well first day was a goose egg for us but we did pick up 4 rats and a 20 lb coon out of a coyote set. KIMG0155.jpg I did find more rat sign. I'm going to set it tomorrow after taking Jace to the stand. I'm holding off on the coon till I go on nights after next week. I hope the weather holds out. I'm concentrating on the water before it freezes.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
One more rat today. Pulled out of that section of ditch. We did set another ditch so we will see what we have tomorrow Jace came down with tonsillitis so didn't get sets out like I was hoping.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Another rat today and a another big coon. Pulled all but three Coyote sets. Starting 12 hour for this week I don't feel like stubbling around in the dark checking traps

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I need to run with you one of these days and see what it is all about. Same goes for running those dogs. We need to make it happen this year Jake. Shame on me for being busy when it is snowing. lol

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I need to run with you one of these days and see what it is all about. Same goes for running those dogs. We need to make it happen this year Jake. Shame on me for being busy when it is snowing. lol

Lol yea those pennies from heaven stink. Would be more then happy to take you along we will start running the Coyote dogs after gun season.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Well we had another big coon in one of our Coyote sets today. I didn't have time to re make the set so I just pulled it. We are down 2 Coyote sets until I go to nights on the work schedule which is next week.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
KIMG0206.jpgKIMG0197.jpgch] Been a busy busy year not much time to get post posted up but to catch every body up the coon and rats made for 55 coon and 22 rats. So far this year I pulled everything as of last Tuesday. Gonna wait till the water goes down. We did catch 1 Coyote so far. But our Coyote numbers seem to be down this year which is a good thing. No pick of the Coyote because running late on time that morning and no picks.

Attachments

• KIMG0206.jpg
    KIMG0206.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 175