Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Backyard Buttons

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not really exciting IKS material but figured I'd share anyway. Just got back a couple days ago from my bird hunting trip out west and sat tonight in a stand for the first time since opening weekend. I've had a stand on an inside corner at the rear of my back yard since last year, and I had a hunch tonight would be a good time to give it a try. It's actually the first time I've sat in that stand since I hung it.

At 4:30 I watched a couple does move through the woods behind me, skirting me by about 60 yards. Then around 5:10 I see movement from the same direction, a button buck, working his way toward me. In textbook fashion, I grabbed my bow from the hanger just as he was stepping into my yard down below me. He turned and gave me a slight quartering-to at just 10 yards from the tree. This stand is up high enough that my 30 foot pull cord is barely enough, so the angle was pretty steep. The Magnus Stinger found its mark right above and in front of the near shoulder and though and blew through him with ease. 40 yards later he piled up.

This is my first bow kill since 2013 so it feels pretty good to knock the dust off a bit. I'm a happy man because my freezer was fresh out of venison and button bucks are my favorite deer to butcher. This will hold the wife and I over for a bit until I get one or two more!

uploadfromtaptalk1447202684281.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1447202956048.jpg

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Deeerrrliciouso....Thank God for bb . Not only are they fun to shoot, but delicious and easy to drag . Good job bud. Congrats.