Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's almost that time.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I'm ready to set some steel. I'm hearing terrible prices talked to my buyer he says he is planning on buying 3000 coon and that's it he still has 4000 that didn't sell last year. But if I did it for the money I would never had started. Jace said after his deer hunt this morning he is ready to start setting traps and starts catching some fur. I'm ready and can't wait.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'm thinking some corn thieves this year... Got 9 in one pic in cam...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
On second thought, I don't think I'm going to waste much time on the coon this year, I spend most of my time on the yotes. Might thin a few coon out at our land though but that'll be about it.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Set a few coon sets tonight after work. More less looking for rat sign and drawled a blank. Off for five days so I'm setting canine sets starting tomorrow after a morning sit in the deer stand.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Put in 18 sets today, mink and coon. Not a single sign of muskrats anywhere. Pretty depressing as they were very abundant just 10-12 years ago. Hope to have a few coon tomorrow. I'm running these sets for four days then pulling them and moving them to another area this weekend. Good luck fellas!!

GOOSE48

First day me and the boy got 5 coons and 3 rats.
second day 2 coons and 1 mink not bad for a couple rookies

LonewolfNopack

The woods
First day me and the boy got 5 coons and 3 rats.
second day 2 coons and 1 mink not bad for a couple rookies

Great job!! Picked up 3 more coon this morning. Should have had 4 but had one wrap around a gate and got the leverage to pull his toes out of a trap. Same spot I caught one yesterday. It happens!