Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Swing and a miss

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I tried the Montana Decoy tonight. I saw a nice 8 pt with a herd of does feeding in the winter wheat field Friday night, so I thought I'd try and pull him in this evening. He came out with the does like clock work. I tried grunting and then aggressive grunting and snort wheezing, but he got all cautious and rounded the does back into the woods. A bit later the does came back out and fed and he refused to come back out. The does would not cross the path of the decoy. Finally a doe came in from behind me and that's what you'll see in the video. A nice encounter and a clean miss. Make sure you watch in the background after the shot. I don't care, it was awesome. I need to pick a spot, something I can't seem to do on a live animal (this longbow shit is hard).
[video=youtube;93Q9lHE48jA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Q9lHE48jA[/video]

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What a rush that must have been! How many were in the background Mike? I couldn't tell. Looked like 4-6 maybe?

Keep after them brother. Rooting for you to get it done trad style!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Zoom in. That's as close as the buck got. uploadfromtaptalk1446426991932.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
hang in there, Mike. that last arrow doesn't matter now, only the next one. you will get it done.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Now that you got your miss outta the way, it's all going too be good for you.... Like stated earlier.... Pick a spot and release buddy.....