Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PSE13 Season

PSE13

Shelby
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446412382.597802.jpg
Going after the brute that did this.

PSE13

Shelby
Well it starts off with me just doing things to learn this season. I didn't really have a lot of time for prep and the start of the season really sucked with the stands getting stolen. So I decided that I would just try too learn a lot this year and shoot what ever as long as it didn't have spots.

Well this morning my dad and I went to butler to hunt my aunts house. Good property for deer of all kinds! Well we get there and get settled in the stands. About and hour goes by and I decide to hit the pack rack followed by some grunts. Well not long after that here comes a decent body deer with a smaller rack.

I thought it would be cool to kill this buck not only because I'm after meat but because it was the first deer I ever called in! Well he was headed towards me and then changed course. I reacted fast with a rattle and a grunt but they only stopped him. Finally with a final attempt I use a doe grunt and stops and swings around to come right towards me!

At this point I'm more excited then a tornado in a trailer park. He gets to 30 yards and stops broadside and I send one to him. It hit him and the arrow stuck out enough he broke it off! Well needless to say dad I searched three hours and never found anything! The blood just stopped. Today I disappointed myself with my shooting but I also learned a lot!

PSE13

Shelby
The arrow looked a little back. When I shot the arrow hit the deer it and the deer jumped then then kinda trotted off and then stopped and walked off. I did find the busted end but there is nothing on it.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
That deer has half an arrow in him and is most likely dead or in real bad shape IMO. It would be worth it to go look again and check all the brushy areas and water close to where you lost the blood trail. It sucks if you can't find him and it happens but you gotta try.