Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Load scream

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got in my stand at 5:45 AM this morning and as soon as I sat down I heard a load scream to the West of me. I listen for the longest time and heard nothing else. It was so load that it caused 4 different owls to start hooting.
I sure was a spooky time with medium heavy fog and couldn't see over 25 yds.
I don't CCW when I got bow hunting but that's changing next time out. LOL

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Fox will "scream" and if you've never heard it and I guess even if you have it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fox will "scream" and if you've never heard it and I guess even if you have it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end lol.

Yeah, forgot about those lol.... Last time I hunted salt fork we were sitting around the fire and one let loose.... Sounded like someone getting murdered lol

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
I've heard that bobcats will scream. Also something I've never heard until I trapped was a mink they will scream too. Sends a chill down your spine.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Don't take this the wrong way . But I think u mean loud . Although if ya want do a Google search for load scream and lemme know what u find . .

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Chad doesn't scream. He grunts. lmao

Frank, don't know what you heard, but I know what it's like to heard strange stuff like that in the dark! It puckered me up the other morning when that pterodactyl screamed about 50 yards away on the walk in. It sounded a lot like a blue heron, but it was up in the trees.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
image.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I heard a mountain lion in CO and it wasn't like that. I'm leaning towards a man falling.