Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Last nights Doe

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Yesterday I was sitting at work trying to get work done but the Live From The Stand thread didn't make it easy. I ended up cutting out of work 30 minutes early just to get out in the woods. I got set up in my blind and just sat there enjoying the sounds of nature. At about 545 I saw something out of the corner of my eye through a side window in my blind, mature fawn walks out and heads towards the front of my blind, about 15 yards away. I know a mature doe is usually in tow with this fawn. Meanwhile my heart is racing and I have to keep telling myself to relax, breath, calm down. The doe pops out and starts making her way to the corn and apple pile. She got wind of something b/c she blew and took off. The fawn stuck around at the corn, stomping her feet like she knew what she was doing. The doe ended up coming back to the pile but she is starring right at me. She gets down into the corn finally. As Im drawing my bow, it creaks a little bit and got the does attention again. She circled around in the opposite direction as she is about to leave. As she circles, I drew all the way back. Once I get anchored she stops and looks right into the blind again. I check my pin, my anchor, and my level on my sight. Everything is lined up. Let the FMJ loose and it buries itself right into her just behind her shoulder. She didn't jump like I had expected her to. She paused for a quick second and took off. As she starts to take off I see blood spraying from the entrance wound. This is the first kill with the Dead Ringer Rampage 3 blade, Ill never use anything else. This broadhead chewed her up. She was spraying blood from both sides, all over the place. When I finally found the arrow, it was intact and the broadhead was fine as well. She didn't go 60 yards and piled up next to a log. Some of you may have noticed the kitten on the log in the picture, two of them followed us from the barn all the way out as me and Chad went to track her down. They followed us all the way back too. LOL. Big thanks to my BIL Chad (Moonlab) for helping track, gut and drag her ass out. She isn't a monster buck, she isn't even a monster doe but she is a trophy to me. She is meat in the freezer. We hunt 5 acres, its a travel corridor. All of the properties around me are hunted so I don't expect to see bucks on my camera. Thanks to Jon for starting the IKS thread. 20151030_183209.jpg20151030_183209.jpg

Last edited: