Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

After a long week...

runhunter

Hunted hard all week, on a DIY and I can't complain with how it ended up. My dad had an encounter on the second day with a main frame 12 that would prob push 160". We studied maps, made a plan and tried what we could in the given days we had left. Didn't have any luck even getting him on camera, but that's hunting. We're not coming empty handed, as we both managed to arrow one in crunch time. Couldn't believe where mine ended up after I shot. You'd need a shovel and some serious muscle to make room under this dead fall, but it happened. My old man missed one the night before and was a little down on himself. So we sighted in his crossbow and made sure he was dialed in. Thursday night, this buck showed for him and he made a clean shot. The full moon wasn't ideal, and it rained hard for a day and a half. Never fails, the day you leave is the best weather day of the trip haha. I had a 130-140" pushing does last night at last light, so this cold front after the storm seemed to get em going. Anyway, here's a few pics and when it's all said and done, some good memories were made!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

runhunter

Thanks guys. We would have both loved to shoot one of those storied OH bruisers, but I'm thrilled we got to spend this time together and share the experience of the track/drag. Not to mention I learned a little more about the farm, as it was only my 4th hunt there. It's going to happen.... Matter of time!!

On a side note, I have to say the Dead Ringers have been pretty awesome. Not only have I killed a couple this year with them, gotten complete pass throughs, and I've yet to have any bent blades. I'm pretty impressed and will continue to shoot them.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks guys. We would have both loved to shoot one of those storied OH bruisers, but I'm thrilled we got to spend this time together and share the experience of the track/drag. Not to mention I learned a little more about the farm, as it was only my 4th hunt there. It's going to happen.... Matter of time!!

On a side note, I have to say the Dead Ringers have been pretty awesome. Not only have I killed a couple this year with them, gotten complete pass throughs, and I've yet to have any bent blades. I'm pretty impressed and will continue to shoot them.

Good too see you spending quality time with the pops.... Congrats...

runhunter

Congrats on a great time spent with your dad and both of you taking fine bucks! Safe travels home TOO.

Did meet a guy while gassing up that said he had a 54 pointer in his backyard. Lol. Said we shot puppies. I said 54?? He said AT least. Now... I know it's not impossible but ole cooter gave me a good laugh

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Did meet a guy while gassing up that said he had a 54 pointer in his backyard. Lol. Said we shot puppies. I said 54?? He said AT least. Now... I know it's not impossible but ole cooter gave me a good laugh

That's funny! Congrats on a great hunt!