Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your favorite hunting method?

Turkey season is just a few months away. I've hunted them in several ways/methods.

What's your favorite method of hunting turkeys?
Do you use decoys with these methods?

* Groundblinds.
* Run & Gun.
* Sit & Hide with natural cover.

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
My favorite is run and gun, but the most successful way is sitting over decoys either in a blind or in natural cover.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Via the internet

rrr

Sit in a blind and call over decoys, or if hunting solo, sit in the middle of a bush (not kidding) and call over decoys.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am with Schu and JBrown. Sit in natural cover some times I will set some decoys out when doing this and then run and gun hoping to get one going late morning.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I locate their roost and edge within sight of them, and set decoys out. Where I hunt they love roosting in one or two oaks near the edge of a field. I like killing them soon as they land.

Last edited:

Matt

Norton, OH
I like to do the same, triple. Locate on roost, sneak as close as possible, set some dekes and call. Run and gun if they are tight lipped, but even then its still setting up with dekes.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
lol..Gern..Thats me..Ive pissed off a few hunters in my day.. :)

However,,Gern

I doubt you heard many hunters run a box call the way i do :)

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
I only use the box call..I may take 5 or 6 with me when i hit the woods..The only problem i have is closing the deal..when the birds get close its tough usin the box without them seeing me move...but i cant find any other call that mixes up the rythem like the box does...If you notice i go from one call to the next..purr putt..yelp back to putts then purrs..then back to a couple yelps....its all mixed up which i feel is the key.