Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Buddy Cole's Buck

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
This is a buck I have trailcam pics from last year. Had him run 5 yards from me during Muzzy season last year, but I had no tag. I seen him under Col'es stand 4 days ago and told him. Last night he had a good wind and sure enough, about 2 minutes before getting swamped with a monsoon, the bucked walked within 10 yards of his stand and he made a pretty good hit. But blood was all washed away and we only looked for an hour or so. Its the thickest, nastiest thicket around. So he headed back out today with buddies and searched 3 different times for 8 hours total before finding hime about 200 yards away. Main frame 11pt. He will go well over 170". Might even net over 170". He didnt get any good pics yet. I will try and get some on here. He is a hell of a hunter and already has a wall full of trophies at 19 years old. Here is truck bed pic with my 4 year old jumping in the hero pic haha.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heck yeah! Look at the big nose on that deer and happy 4yr old riding him! Great buck for your friend Ryan.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Heck of a buck right there.... Congrats too Cole for getting it done.... The look on his sons face is priceless.....

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Hell of a buck, congrats to your buddy! How big was he last year?

If Nate gets on here sometime, he actually has last years pics. He was in the low 150's last year. You cant tell by the pic posted here, but he is really tall. I'd say he packed on 25" in a year. When he found his arrow after the shot, he called me back crying because he knew he put a great shot on him. I had so much stuff going on yessterday that I couldnt help him look, but he called and texted me a few times so dejected just wanting me to remind him that the deer was there. Im so thrilled he stuck it out and found him