Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NoDak Trip

tjeep

FullSizeRender (1).jpgIMG_0284.jpgrip1.jpgIMG_0289.jpgIMG_0458.jpgIMG_0400 (1).JPG

Could not have had a better trip! Got to hunt with my Dad one more time, we celebrated his 68th birthday on this trip in the field, I even let him shoot my Fox, that day. Still a damn quick shot for an old fart! Got to handle my young lab, on his first Phez and Duck. Shot a solo limit of Phez over my 13 year old setter. Great dog work out of the whole crew, let my little setter roll on the prairie, man he can cover some ground, he also had 3 nice water retrieves. It sure is fun when you have a good group of guys and dogs.

Wmiller07

That is my dream hunt. I have only gotten to do the pheasant releases here but I really want to get on some wild pheasants someday. Congrats.

tjeep

Go West man, no lie we were putting 150 to 200 birds up in some of the fields we hunted. No problem finding birds, several days I carried a camera and handled dogs. When I get time I will post some action shots.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats on a great trip. Where we PD shoot in SD the pheasants are thick too. Not safe to drive the roads at dawn and dusk. Ever hit one at 70 MPH? We have hit 2, one on the windshield outside post with no harm, and one in the grill and just missed the oil cooler but took out the grill and air conditioner condenser.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing. I'm heading that direction tomorrow afternoon!

tjeep

Can't complain about Ohio at the moment, lots of birds around where we are hunting.

Wingman

North and South Dakota...now that's REAL hunting. I sure miss living there. I went to Delaware for the pheasant release and just laughed at the pathetic excuse for hunting that it was that day. This poor pen-raised cock just sat there on the ground 15 feet away while I took my sweet time aiming my shotgun at it...I almost felt bad shooting the damn thing. I took one and left, and never went back. Thankfully, I am moving back out west soon when my wife is done with her grad school. Can't say I'll miss hunting OR fishing in Ohio after experiencing pheasant in the Dakotas and Chinook Salmon in the Columbia River. Spoiled I guess.