Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Please be careful

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Tonight I went to climb a ladder stand and the ladder was in half. I thought someone cut the ladder, it was simply and error in putting together, pins never made it through the holes and the ladder sat on top of the pins.

This has been this way since I hung the stand back in July.

I have hung a lot of stand in my life and somehow this just slipped past me. I never where a safety harness on ladder stands cause they are so safe. Well, that has changed now.

Just a psa be safe boys!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Are sure someone didn't come in after you and pulled the pins and put back together that way?

teej89

NE PA
Dang at least you found it prior to getting in it!

I was never a fan of ladder stands actually, they sketch me out lol

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I love ladder stands, but they aren't any safer than any other stand. A fall is a fall.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
got it fixed up, what a bitch that was to undo everything and redo it.

Hope that is the end of malfunctions this year.....

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Hang on stands freak me out. All I can think about while sitting in one is the chain/cable breaking and me falling lol. Would rather sit in a ladder stand where a couple things have to go wrong at once for me to fall. I also use a harness and lifeline with the ladder stands.

Yesterday when I climbed into mine I stepped on the metal mesh stuff on the platform and noticed all the tiny Chinese welds holding it together and pictured my foot breaking through stepping onto the platform. Yeah, I'm a sissy when it comes to treestands. They give you a great view but I'm extremely cautious with them.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks all! It sure made me realize how important stand safety is. I checked all my stands this past year as well. This one I tossed up quick and shit wasn't right.