Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hawks

Wmiller07

Anyone else notice a lot more hawks in recent years? I remember it being rare seeing a hawk when I was a kid, but now I see them everywhere. I think this is part of our loss of small game.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I remember when it was rare too see them and owls.... Now, I hear owls first thing in the morning and at last light....

Before I retired, driving home on Route 11 you'd lose track of the number of Hawks you'd see perched looking for small rodents and snakes.... You'd see them swoop down and connect every once in a while.... Hat was pretty cool too see them fly away with something in their talons....

But I'd imagine cats do more damage then the Hawks and owls....

antiqucycle

East Ohio
When I butcher my deer, I trim all the good meat from the legs and freeze the legs to put out once it starts snowing, one at a time. for the past 10 years the legs attract two coopers hawks on a daily basis most of the winter. I have power lines behind my property and they spot "dinner" immediately. I suspect a mother daughter as they will perch a foot apart on a double hanging basket pole. I think I drive the neighbors nuts.