Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Slicktricks

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Yep shooting the grizz tricks out of my pse and xbow the last two years. I shot my buck last year and a doe. Both fell with in sight. This year the but made it about 60 yards. They are a good solid made broadhead.

NAC1989

Clark county
Trying out the slick trick xbow 150 grains this year since switching to crossbow. They shoot pretty close to field point and I'm hoping to see how well they'll work out on a deer soon.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I shot ST MAGs and liked them but I am thinking about trying the GRIZZ trick out.

I have shot expandable for awhile, and I like them but as I get more confident with my equipment I feel I should just shoot a fixed blade. If I make a mistake, its on ME!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I am trying the slick trick nukes...hoping i get a chance to see what they can do.

But, practicing with them? They fly well and hit right where my field points do...happy so far.

joejoe8

Mag 100's for me also! Been shooting them for 7 years now, I really like a 4 blade board head.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've been shooting slick tricks since you had to mail the inventor a check to his house and wait for them in the mail. Back then he had one type just "slick trick". Then he came out with mags and I've shot them ever since. I screw them on an Easton axis 340 and shoot through whatever body part I want to reach vitals.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I had some trouble with a crossbow last year and ended up buying rage crossbow heads, muzzy four blade and slick trick magnums just trying to get my crossbow shooting good. Ended up being a bow problem and I got a new one but still had all these heads. I shot two deer with the slick tricks last year and one with a muzzy 4 blade. I did not see any noticeable difference between those two in performance or blood trails, etc. 2 of the three slick tricks were ruined last year on the deer I shot (one broke and I never found the other) and then I ruined the last one yesterday morning. My quiver currently has 2 rage heads and now a muzzy four blade. I'm kind of curious to try the rage heads but haven't had a chance yet. I've been loading with a fixed blade in the blind and lately have a rage in the treestand.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I had some trouble with a crossbow last year and ended up buying rage crossbow heads, muzzy four blade and slick trick magnums just trying to get my crossbow shooting good. Ended up being a bow problem and I got a new one but still had all these heads. I shot two deer with the slick tricks last year and one with a muzzy 4 blade. I did not see any noticeable difference between those two in performance or blood trails, etc. 2 of the three slick tricks were ruined last year on the deer I shot (one broke and I never found the other) and then I ruined the last one yesterday morning. My quiver currently has 2 rage heads and now a muzzy four blade. I'm kind of curious to try the rage heads but haven't had a chance yet. I've been loading with a fixed blade in the blind and lately have a rage in the treestand.

How did it break?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
SlickTrick 100 Magnums on my crossbow arrows and SlickTrick 125s on my traditional arrows.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
The last couple yrs I shot slick trick mags . Good head . This yr I'm shooting wac'ems . They group better for me but haven't put one thru a deer .