Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Group Muzzy Hunt at AEP

Would you attend a group muzzleloader hunt at AEP?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Maybe. Let's hear more...

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I'll say I'll be there, then I'll back out the week of because my wife won't let me go...

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We've been talking about a group gun hunt (mainly with our smoke poles) for a few years now and it has never got off the ground. I'd like to see this happen, so I'm curious to see what kind of interest we would have in such a function. Muzzleloader season is Jan 9-12, so my though is to do this on Sunday the 10th. Let everyone hunt the opener on their home turf, then meet up Sunday morning around 8-9AM at one of the campgrounds. We can do a few pushes, meet back up for lunch, then hit is again for a little while and head for the house.

So let's hear it, any interest?

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Barring that work thing that gets in the way sometimes , I don't see why I wouldn't be in.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm down, just wish I could get a cabin for Saturday night. Being on the afternoon sleep schedule and driving 2.5 hours that early is going to kick my ass!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Awwaaa hell. I don't know.

If i'm not working.

Now we talken manly black powder/patch an round ball/flintlock/by god/keep yer powder dry/smoke poles ? :smiley_beard:
Or them new fangled fancy how-to-do inlines... :smiley_angel:

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Now we talken manly black powder/patch an round ball/flintlock/by god/keep yer powder dry/smoke poles ? :smiley_beard:
Or them new fangled fancy how-to-do inlines... :smiley_angel:

We're talking guns that make smoke when they go boom. If they're legal, bring them! Mine is a new fangled version, so you can bet that's what I'll have!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
No. It's closer to Wood County, WV than Wood County, Ohio.

Use the coordinates to give yourself an idea of the drive: 39.851317, -81.665078.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would love to but I'm always out of vacation at that time! Our new allotment of vacation doesn't apply till around the 18th?!?! WTH
Sounds like a great idea and plan! Lots of great hunting to be had on the AEP!

Lundy

We're talking guns that make smoke when they go boom.

Sounds like fun but I'm too old and out of shape for drives and I'm pretty sure I'll be Athens hunting. If anything changes I would come just to watch and meet some guys. I wanted to stop by Strouds just to say hi but was out of state on business.

Besides, my MZ doesn't smoke when it goes boom:D