Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thoughts/opinions

runhunter

What do you guys think of this mount? It's a personal best largemouth, close to 7.5 lbs, caught this summer. I asked the taxi to try simulate a topwater strike (caught it on a spook Jr) on 2nd cast of the morning. That's why the tail is bent, to simulate a thrust by the fish. I just got the email, with the picture, and he said it still needs to be coated, mounted to driftwood, and have the lure attached to the corner of the mouth, but just curious to see what your thoughts were? bass.jpg

runhunter

Nice large mouth.... Is that a NJ fish???

It is a South Carolina bass... was at Hilton Head in June, and spent a few mornings at a freshwater lake, and did very well. Probably caught 15 in 3 mornings, only 1 was under 2.5 lbs....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It is a South Carolina bass... was at Hilton Head in June, and spent a few mornings at a freshwater lake, and did very well. Probably caught 15 in 3 mornings, only 1 was under 2.5 lbs....

Good deal, have spent a lot of time down there on the island and never take a pole with me lol....
Maybe I should change that up lol.....

runhunter

Good deal, have spent a lot of time down there on the island and never take a pole with me lol....
Maybe I should change that up lol.....

If you do, let me know, and I will tell ya where. As far as I know, there's only 1 or 2 freshwater places to fish. I missed a few good ones, and one was definitely bigger than this fish. I had him tight, second jump he shook loose. I wasn't pulling em out every cast, but at first light, top water bite was on!! Lot of fish in the 3-5 lb range... which I will take all day every day

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you do, let me know, and I will tell ya where. As far as I know, there's only 1 or 2 freshwater places to fish. I missed a few good ones, and one was definitely bigger than this fish. I had him tight, second jump he shook loose. I wasn't pulling em out every cast, but at first light, top water bite was on!! Lot of fish in the 3-5 lb range... which I will take all day every day

Will do, thanks....

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That looks like a great job to me, my brother got a smallmouth mounted 7 or 8 years ago and this one looks a lot better than his. That's a heckuva bass by the way, congrats!

runhunter

That looks like a great job to me, my brother got a smallmouth mounted 7 or 8 years ago and this one looks a lot better than his. That's a heckuva bass by the way, congrats!

Thanks!! I knew I wanted one mounted, and unless I break the 10lb mark, I probably won't get another done. I did some research, and the guy does awesome work. I'm sure when it's glossed and mounted it will look even better. Very happy with it...

runhunter

Just an update... I received the finished mount yesterday, and needless to say, I am extremely happy with the work! I caught her back in June, so when I first saw the completed mount, I have to admit, I felt like I didn't remember even catching it. I caught a lot of smaller bass in the 1-3lb range the rest of the summer, so seeing this 7lb + again, threw my bell curve way out of wack haha. He did a great job though!!!

BB.jpgBB2.jpg