Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Longbow-Summit Viper/Titan

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Have any of you shot your longbow out of a Summit Viper or Titan? Does the bar bother you? Is it doable?
I'm 6'2" and the bow is 72".

Jamie

Ohio
I don't see how it won't interfere in some way if the seat/safety rail is at the proper sitting height when you are set up. it's possible that you could lean out enough so that the bowstring won't hit it when you are at full draw, but that might fuck up your shooting form enough to cause worse problem. every stand that I've hunted out of that had any sort of safety rail, be that a permanent wooden stand or a climber, the rail is in the way to some extent. I hate the damn things and don't own a tree stand that has one. and this is why I have a Lone Wolf with hand climber and will avoid "sit and climb" types of stands as long as I'm physically able. I've even had the seat/hand climber get in the way when I forgot to fold it down and tried to shoot while facing the tree. best thing to do is put stand on a utility pole or tree in your yard and try it out at ground level before you try to hunt out of it.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm with Jamie on this,had a few stands up last yr with rails and when drawing even if you clear it my mind was wondering if my limb might hit it.
Got rid of those stands and the one ladder stand i have up i took the rail off.

Diablo54

Outside
I don't see how it won't interfere in some way if the seat/safety rail is at the proper sitting height when you are set up. it's possible that you could lean out enough so that the bowstring won't hit it when you are at full draw, but that might fuck up your shooting form enough to cause worse problem. every stand that I've hunted out of that had any sort of safety rail, be that a permanent wooden stand or a climber, the rail is in the way to some extent. I hate the damn things and don't own a tree stand that has one. and this is why I have a Lone Wolf with hand climber and will avoid "sit and climb" types of stands as long as I'm physically able. I've even had the seat/hand climber get in the way when I forgot to fold it down and tried to shoot while facing the tree. best thing to do is put stand on a utility pole or tree in your yard and try it out at ground level before you try to hunt out of it.

The sit and climb rail folds down to your ankles when you stand up. Never been in my way.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I might know a guy who has a couple Summit open front climbers. If you go the complete climber route, let me know. I am ready to move them.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Just shot out of the Viper without issue from many different angles. I think my long arms are to thank for that.