Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Would You Shoot?

I think this is a younger buck. I've never had him on camera before. I like his long tines, but he lacks width and mass. He sure is a pretty 8 point though. I hate to admit it but my trigger finger is itchy this year. No monsters on my cams this year makes it hard to pass a good buck if I get the opportunity.

Attachments

• SUNP0195.jpg
    SUNP0195.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 114

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm in the same boat and that's about what I'm seeing. I do have couple pictures of nice buck antler tops but don't know what's under the tips.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would personally need some more views of him. Sure looks good in that picture. Might be a game time decision. I don't know. I sure wouldn't look down on anyone who did shoot this buck. He is a nice buck.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
no he is too young. he might make a pretty cool leap next year. if your trigger finger is itchy, shoot a doe... or even better a button buck...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That's a tough question. Everybody on here hunts a different part of the state. Some guys just don't have the property capable of growing stud bucks, mostly due to hunting pressure. With what I've seen on my best farm the last two years it is capable of producing some giant bucks. Like I said, that's a tough question. All that matters is, would you be happy if he was laying on the ground in front of you? That's what counts, buddy. If you choose to hunt this buck then I wish you good luck!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Shoot what floats your boat. That deer walks in front of me with my stick bow and he's getting shot at.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I love him. I understand about passing on smaller or immature bucks but its what you want and enjoy. I have a pretty nice wall with some mounts but I don't have anything bigger but some bit 8's. Along time a go I was possessed to have a "Demon Deer", a big spike and I got one and just love it with him on the walls with the gig boys. Its all what you want.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
With limited time for me to hunt due to work and family, I would arrow this buck in a heartbeat. It's whatever trips your trigger though! If he gets your blood pumping, go for it!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Dick, you got a hell of a buck last season.... You had lots of history with that buck as well.... Start your history with this one.....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you are thinking you should wait, wait. If you'd like to have this deer, given the chance... kill him! I am now convinced it makes no difference to me how big a deer is. As soon as I fill out my tag, I am going to wish I had not shot. I hope when you get your chance this year, all goes as planned. That is really all we can hope for, quick, clean end for the deer.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That deer is still young and could really knock your socks of yesterday. My new saying is this: You can't kill great bucks if you kill good bucks. I want to kill great bucks, so I'm passing on this deer.