Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got a bad hit today

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I woke up this morning and over night my left thumb joint flared up. I can't even hold a zip lock bag to open it. Or hold a coffee cup in that hand.
Going to pickup my bow tomorrow but if it's like today it doesn't look good. Can't handle the back pressure of the bow against my thumb.
Pulled my cards yesterday and finally after having 3 yrs of food plot in I'm seeing several bucks in the plot.
Wish me luck. Maybe looking at a crossbow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I thought you were shooting a crossbow already? Either way, sorry to hear it and hope you feel better soon.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Frank look into Organic Sulfur. Realm good for all joints. I have real bad knees and it is my saving grace. After two weeks of taking it I felt like a new man. Make sure though it is crystal. As pure as you can find.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hope you get to feeling better Frank! Whatever weapon keeps you hunting effectively is what you need to go with! Good luck!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I thought you were shooting a crossbow already? Either way, sorry to hear it and hope you feel better soon.

I use a Hickory Creek Bow Loc on a regular bow that turns it into a vertical crossbow. But I still hold it like a bow.

I put a 'burning nettles leaf' under my brace on the joint about noon then another about 1:00AM. It's working as I can now move my thumb to my index finger without wanting to cry from pain like it was 20 hrs. ago. I change the leaf later and see if it continues to improve.

I'm up now because to MS leg spasms and setting in front of a radient heater set on high.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got some great news on my damn thumb.
It's been 24 hrs. of 'burning nettles' treatment and I'm glad to say about 80-90% of the pain is gone. I change the leaf under the hand brace every 12 hrs and just put the 3rd treatment on. I've developed a terrible itch but no sores or blisters.
I can close my thumb and touch my index finger now without too much pain but yesterday I couldn't hold a zip lock bag to open it. Tomorrow I'll try holding the bow and I think I'll be able to. There's still a lot of pain in the web of the thumb but nothing like yesterday.
For the itch I tried Cordisone 10 cream but it didn't help much. Today I tried Curel intensive healing cream and that's seems to help. We'll see.
ASAP

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I used the 'burning nettles' leaf treatment for 48 hr. I changed the leaf every 12 hrs. Now I'm 100% pain free and can use the thumb 100%. I got the bow out today and no pain what so ever. Looks like I'm back in the game for this year.
The Curel intensive healing cream makes the itch tolerable.
Plan on hunting this weekend with the cold temps moving in. I smoked up my hunting clothes and went down a smoked up the inside of my hunting tower.
I also installed a mock scrape tree 25 yds from the tower. This is my 1st attempt at making a mock scrape tree so this will be interesting.
The turnips are knee high and some are the size of softballs. I sliced one up for supper and it wasn't woody and moist as ever.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I used the 'burning nettles' leaf treatment for 48 hr. I changed the leaf every 12 hrs. Now I'm 100% pain free and can use the thumb 100%. I got the bow out today and no pain what so ever. Looks like I'm back in the game for this year.
The Curel intensive healing cream makes the itch tolerable.
Plan on hunting this weekend with the cold temps moving in. I smoked up my hunting clothes and went down a smoked up the inside of my hunting tower.
I also installed a mock scrape tree 25 yds from the tower. This is my 1st attempt at making a mock scrape tree so this will be interesting.
The turnips are knee high and some are the size of softballs. I sliced one up for supper and it wasn't woody and moist as ever.

Awesome stuff man. Glad you found a holistic remedy.