Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well I found where one of my monsters ended up

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I got a call from a niehbor today that said come look at what I found. So he told me where he was and it was beside my house in his woods. KIMG0120.jpgI found him and his grandson looking over the top of this buck that I had on camera till August then disappeared. Now I know where he went. This toad is roughly 24 inside and 10 to 12 tall and the mass is unbelievable. I've been after this deer for three years but come August he disappeared on then a few sightings in Feb after they yarded up. Well this is the last pic I will have of him. I glad I found out where he went. I'm just wondering if old age or a car or what happened to him. I would have to say a car because I wouldn't think a unhealthy deer would sport head gear like this. This ten point is the heaviest horned deer ive put my hands on. The neighbor was getting with the game warden and getting a tag .

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pic looks even better on the computer monitor Jake. The mass is unreal on that thing! Pretty cool all the little nubs around the bases aren't worn down.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Jake!!! That's a monster!!! Sorry to hear but like said before, at least you have closer! Does your neighbor also hunt and was after this deer?

themedic

OHIO
That is a STUD buck. Hate to see them go like that but closer is great. I've had some real bruisers disappear over the last few years. I just hope they show back up some random November day

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I know the pain, as do several of us. It's a kick in the pants for sure. But... it's nice having the closure. That's the positive of the situation.

Mooosie

We found one nice eight point rotting in a bedding area on my farm and the guy on the land next to mine found a big ten point half rotted away. I wonder if some of the good old boys are hunting our property and losing what they illegally shoot