Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maumee River Polar Bear Plunge

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I did it for the first time today and it was AWESOME! I would recommend this to everyone! Yeah it was cold, but rejuvenating at the same time.

Or were you walleye fishing and just used the Polar Bear Plunge thing
To cover up the fact that you went in LOL

I thought about it a few years back
But I about froze just thinking about it

John

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I can only imagine how cold the maumee was. Damn.

A couple years ago about this time I needed to pull two stands off public land that was across Deer Creek.. Which is about 30 yards wide and normally no deeper than my lacrosse boots. But this day it was WAY up.. After driving an hour there i wasn't driving an hour home and coming back later... I stripped to my boxers and put everything in a garbage bag, and swam the 30 yards as the water was up to my chest and trying to stay standing was taking too long. Got to the other side got redressed and ran to the stands to warm up... When i got back i did the same thing except i had to make 2 trips across to get the stands and sticks.

I was FROZEN.. But after the initial shock and getting your mind right it's ok.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I can only imagine how cold the maumee was. Damn.

A couple years ago about this time I needed to pull two stands off public land that was across Deer Creek.. Which is about 30 yards wide and normally no deeper than my lacrosse boots. But this day it was WAY up.. After driving an hour there i wasn't driving an hour home and coming back later... I stripped to my boxers and put everything in a garbage bag, and swam the 30 yards as the water was up to my chest and trying to stay standing was taking too long. Got to the other side got redressed and ran to the stands to warm up... When i got back i did the same thing except i had to make 2 trips across to get the stands and sticks.

I was FROZEN.. But after the initial shock and getting your mind right it's ok.

That's hard core right there.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Hey Mike, was there any "shrinkage" after doing that?

One time a few of us dared each other to jump into the neighbors swimming pool in December and of course we all did it.....I think I was sick for 10 days straight after that night. I hope you stay healthy, that's a big shocker to the body!