Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bad News 11 year old shoots 12 year old in Carrolton. Deceased

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Newspaper says two kids from South Carolina with two adults and 3 loaded guns on a picnic table. Adults talking about the guns and the 11 year old picked up a gun and it fired. No other details in the article.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I think all kids in grade school should be given a hunter safety course at the local school they attend daily. Make it part of the curriculum.

Of course, with a teachers union(obama voters) against gun ownership, would stop this idea from ever happening.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think all kids in grade school should be given a hunter safety course at the local school they attend daily. Make it part of the curriculum.

Of course, with a teachers union(obama voters) against gun ownership, would stop this idea from ever happening.
It's not the kids... it's dumb ass parents and mentors. Hate to see this kind of thing happen. But I'd rather see a parenting eligibility test than mandatory hunter safety class in schools.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's not the kids... it's dumb ass parents and mentors. Hate to see this kind of thing happen. But I'd rather see a parenting eligibility test than mandatory hunter safety class in schools.

Every time I see this sad report in the news I say to the wife 'people should have to pass a test and get a license before they are allowed to make kids' the wife just shakes her head and says 'never would happen but a good idea'.