Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bushnell Aggressor HD from Trailcampro

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
After getting rid of all but 3 of the 12 SpyPoints I was running at one time, I bought two Browning Strike Force cameras. I was pleasantly surprised with how they did last year, so much so I bought two more earlier this year. My only complaint with them is they eat batteries when set up as an inventory camera. If they are just set up over a scrape or trail, they will last most of the season. But when you have them chunking out 1,500 pictures a week, they only last 3 weeks or so. I've been hell bent on getting a Recoynx for my main inventory camera as I miss having a true tank of a camera; I just can't spend that kind of coin on one right now. So I logged on Trailcampro yesterday to see what they were endorsing since they did well with the Strike Forces. The 2015 Bushnell HD Aggressor did well for them and I know a lot of guys love their Bushnells. I ordered it at 2PM yesterday and it was at my door this morning. No bad with free shipping, a free 8GB SD card and a free 2-year warranty!

What sold me on it was the detection and flash ranges. With a 110' detection range, it will catch everything in the creek bottom where it'll spend all its time and a 70' flash range will gibe me good pics out to the middle of the food plot. It did well in the battery life department as well and certainly can't be any worse than the Strike Force. I'll get it out tonight and get familiar with it. Once I have a chance to run it through its paces, I'll update this thread.

Trailcampro: Bushnell Aggressor HD Review

bushnell_119774_aggressor_F_450.jpg

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Two things to keep in mind when using Bushnell cameras:
1) Format the memory card in the camera each time you change it.
2) After you format it, verify it is showing available space on the card (via picture counter 00/xxx, or by time remaining)

This will save yourself the heartbreak of checking your cam only to find it didn't take pictures because of an issue with the memory card.

Lots of settings on these cameras, they are very nice for the $$$. I have the black flash version, so the flash range isn't super, but the detection circuit on these cameras are some of the best I've seen.

Just checked my Bushnell hd today and apparently I didn't format the card, no pics and it was out for a month.

That's a kick in the junk! Been there with my Coverts too though.... The quick format on a computer is the way to go, it takes everything off completely. Funny how I still can run an old Moultrie or even my Buckeye Cam to this day with cards that have been in all different cameras and they always write to them. LOL knock on wood!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great point Greg. It is a lesson I learned a long time ago with the Bushnell cams. Just part of the ritual I wouldn't have thought to point out.

Thanks for sharing Jesse. I checked it out on the link. He trigger speed and recovery between pics is very impressive on this camera as well. Looks like a great combination and under $200.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
TrailcamPro is by the best place for cameras. You might pay a little more for the camera than on other discount sites but they make up for it with great customer service and a free SD card with every camera purchased. I love the fact when you call you get an English speaking American.

As far as batteries go, if you're not using lithiums you should try them out. They last so much longer.

Some of those videos on the 1080p setting were pretty damn good. That's not a bad price at all for it either. Daytime pics are very good, night time look to be average IR pics. Definitely look forward to what you experience with it Jesse.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That's a kick in the junk! Been there with my Coverts too though.... The quick format on a computer is the way to go, it takes everything off completely. Funny how I still can run an old Moultrie or even my Buckeye Cam to this day with cards that have been in all different cameras and they always write to them. LOL knock on wood!
Yep, never had a problem like that with my moultries

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Just bought another Moultrie, this time the M880i, was on sale for $99.97 from $150 at Bass Pro. Had a Bass Pro ad in the mail when I got home, dropped even more to $89.97. Ill be taking the receipt back and get that $10, plus the checkout lady didn't giver me my Military discount, that's gonna be another $10. WOO HOO.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Just bought another Moultrie, this time the M880i, was on sale for $99.97 from $150 at Bass Pro. Had a Bass Pro ad in the mail when I got home, dropped even more to $89.97. Ill be taking the receipt back and get that $10, plus the checkout lady didn't giver me my Military discount, that's gonna be another $10. WOO HOO.

:smiley_clap: I'm impressed

LOL!! I'll be interested in hearing how that camera works for you. Saw them go on sale and boy I've been chomping at the bit to give one a try!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I set the cam up in the office this morning at the end of the hallway. I was really impressed with the trigger speed. The guy at the end of the hall was in and out all morning. His office is 20 yards from the camera and the hallway is 6' wide. It dead centered him in the hallway every time he left his office. I'll be hanging this in the rain tomorrow, so I can't wait for the first check next week!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just an update on this cam. I was pretty pleased with the first round of pics. Trigger speed is excellent, as is the detection range. Pic quality suffers in comparison to the Brownings, but I only had it on 8mp, so we'll see how the 14mp pics look. It barely used batteries after taking 1,800 pics in 3 days time. So far, it seems like a great purchase.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great reviews. Now I have a tech question, how do format a card? I'm computer challenged so be easy on me.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Great reviews. Now I have a tech question, how do format a card? I'm computer challenged so be easy on me.
Typically if one of my cards needs formatted it pops up on my computer saying it needs to be formatted when I plug it in. This has been rare for me. And I've never formatted one unless my computer says to and have not had any problems.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

On my old dinosaur of a computer I right click on the removal media and it'll say format,click on that and follow the prompts ...