Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For Those that are from KY Hunitng in Ohio

Hogmister13

New Law is passed for those that are hunting in In Ohio and plan to take there deer back to KY. This Applys in other states as well.

If you hunt deer in Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia and any other CWD-infected state, you may not bring a deer back into Kentucky unless the brain and spinal column have been removed first.

Allowed parts from CWD-infected states and provinces include: quarters or other portions of meat with no part of the spinal column or head attached, boned-out meat, antlers, antlers attached to a clean skull plate, a clean skull, clean teeth, hides and finished taxidermy products.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Probably cheaper too pay the fugger off then fight it in court..... For years.... Ain't right but that's how it goes these days.....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This made me start laughing during my medical terminology class haha.

Are you saying that post showed in the class study items? They sure do go out and search the net for interesting topics. LOL

The SOB shouldn't have gotten a cent but should have been charged for all the expenses.

Steelheadtracker

Are you saying that post showed in the class study items? They sure do go out and search the net for interesting topics. LOL

The SOB shouldn't have gotten a cent but should have been charged for all the expenses.

Lol just distracted by hunting and not paying attention in class. Thankfully I only have that class on wed.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
This isn't limited to KY. Many states have done the same....strict rules against transporting deer from a CWD state. Going to hurt processors and taxidermist.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I hope other states ban ohio deer. might put a big dent in the leasing crap.

The deer aren't banned. You just can't transport the brain, bones and spinal column. If you quarter and de-bone the meat plus cape out the skull and horns you're all set. New Hampshire hasn't allowed full bodied animals in to the state from confirmed CWD states for a long time. A lot of states have these laws.

Last edited: