Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SD card reader

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
For an iPhone, do any of you use this too see what you've been getting on the trail camera while out hunting?

Pros/cons? What type of reader are you using and is it worth it?

NAC1989

Clark county
Is there one that works for iPhone? I know apple makes a card reader for the iPad that I considered buying this time last year but it seems like it said on there website that it doesn't work for iPhone.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have one for my android phone and it works great. Only con would be that you need to remember to format the card when you put it back in your camera.

With android, it puts some operating files on the card, and some cameras don't agree with the software.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
J, i've tried a couple of different ones from ebay....since the 5 and the 6 have the same plug i tried them in both phones and none of them have worked ( i did get full refunds)....all auctions advertised that it worked for the phones, but it didn't...i was told to try different SD cards, high speed, non HC cards but haven't tried them yet....the one i had for my iphone 4 worked on the ipad but not the phone. I did not watch the video you posted yet, but it would be darn nice if something for the iphone worked so i didn't have to buy a trail pad...

carrying an old digital camera is a great idea and "i wish i would have thought of that" a few years back!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I wanted to do the same thing. Our Dist has Cudddeback Cuddeview X2 for 81.00 that are 97.50 on Amazon.
I know this doesn't hook up to a phone but I have enough problems just making phone calls.
The Cuddeview X2 will copy to a 2nd card, zoom and pan, switch and delete images. Cables included.http://cuddeback.com/accessories.aspx
Ordered one today.

joejoe8

Spence for this site told me about this one, dane-elec media streamer. Haven't had much time to play around with it but it did work with iphone 6. You have to down load a app also. Found one at Walmart for 30$

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Spence for this site told me about this one, dane-elec media streamer. Haven't had much time to play around with it but it did work with iphone 6. You have to down load a app also. Found one at Walmart for 30$

Let me know how it works, I'd be interested if it was fairly user friendly.... Not a big tech guy lol....

Mooosie

My daughter in law bought I gizmo for my son that is about the size of an I phone that is made to take SD cards and show content. Works good

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Wild game innovations has one (one of the display things, not for iPhone) that doesn't look bad. I saw one at Menards for like $55 I think.

Sometimes I can look at them on my camera, sometimes it doesn't work. I've gotten used to just switching the cards and then looking at the pics on my computer when I get home.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Just looked it up, $62.99

They have the 11% rebate right now so $55 is probably the normal price or close to it. They seem to mark everything up 10% for that stupid "sale".

We also use the media streamer...90% of the time it works great but every once in a while after putting in a new card after viewing previous pictures it has trouble reading the new card. Not a huge deal just frustrating when you're in a hurry.