Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The end of a bad day

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Went to Lima gunshow that was rather slow but I had a really good cash flow.
Was about 25 miles west of Dayton on I-70 and boom I thought a tire blow on the truck that threw me into the left lane. Lucky no one was beside of me that second. I had a hell of a time getting under control and almost rolled the truck. There was a exit right there so I pulled off.
I get out and the left rear tire and rim is gone, the rotor is wore flat down to the axel as I traveled almost 1/4 mile to get stopped. Badly shaken up is a understatement. About 10 minutes later I hear 'hey buddy' and come a guy rolling my tire. It traveled over 1/4 mile went across all 3 lanes of the West bond that I was in, went across the center meridan, then all 3 lanes of the East bond lanes. It was a damn chance that it didn't hit any cars or trucks as it was busy as hell.
It takes AAA 3 hours to get a flat bed truck there to get us. My nephew brought the other truck to unload half the stuff. Get home OK.
I walk into the house as my wife road home with my nephew and she informs our newer freezer went while we were gone for the weekend and we lost half of our meat.
I don't think I'm going to take a chance of getting out of bed in the morning let alone go deer hunting.

I just told the wife it could have been fatal for us or any one going either way and there must have been a reason we made it out of this one.

And getting home alive was the good end of a really bad day.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry about your truck and freezer. Great outlook though. We never know when our ticket will be punched. Today was clearly not your day. Thankful to read it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn Frank, that'd be one heck of a stress test right there.... Glad you and the Mrs. Made it out ok.... Trucks and freezers (as well as meat) can be replaced.... You and her not so much....

That should make the next sit on stand that much better.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Glad you're ok buddy that could have been seriously bad. If the tire went that far it must have been inflated. Did the lug bolts break or the hub explode?