Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Urgent!!

buckcrazy1

I'm in my treestand right now, but when I got here this morning and was changing my clothes and spraying everything down, etc. I realized I must have put down my release when I was gutting my doe two days ago and forgotten it! So I don't have my release! Does anyone have any idea how far off I will shoot if I use my fingers!? This is probably going to be an awesome morning for deer movement and the worst possible thing happens to me, just my luck! I'm probably just going to shoot them with my camera phone unless someone has done encouraging advice! Please help me [emoji27] [emoji33] [emoji21]

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
No idea. Your anchor point will change. If I were you I would take a field tip arrow out of my quiver and shoot at a leaf on the ground about 15 to 20 yards away and see what happens.

Bigcountry40

Some people it changes their placement completely, some it doesn't affect at all. Good advice on shooting a leaf. Don't want to wound a deer from bad shot placement.

buckcrazy1

Ok so camera phone it is! I just shot two arrows and each were about a foot high and a foot left! I'm big buck hunting now since I've already filled two doe tags and I'm just not willing to try to compensate for being a foot off, especially on a big buck! I'm sick :(

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
That sucks. I guess its time to buy an extra release and leave it in your bag. At least enjoy your day in the woods bud.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well enjoy the morning. 2 Dow tags already?! Wow what county you hunting?

Good luck on the big buck.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'd climb down and go find that release. You can't shoot anything like that, and you're risking getting busted just sitting there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't feel too bad. I drove 45 minutes to my property once before finding out I left my entire bow at home.

Like flutey said go find that release, no sense running the risk of getting busted and educating deer.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was gonna say that you'll shoot high. Know why? Been there, done that! Same thing, realized it when I sat down and was pissed because it was a great evening. Did a practice shot at a leaf and went way high. I decided to just get down. Not worth putting a bad shot on one or just missing completely.

Go find that release! Good day to sneak in and out quiet.