Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TenPoint/Wicked Ridge crossbow recall

brancher147

That's just great, of course my bow is recalled. I am restricted to xbow for the first part of the season due to injury and was hoping to make it out this week for the first time. It sounds like it may be safe to use even with recall, I will see what they say. Some bows have fired while the safety is on, so as long as I don't try to shoot with the safety on (why would I do this anyway?) I should be ok. Chances of me sending it to get fixed during the season are slim to none, seeing how I have been shooting it and it shoots just fine.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Thanks for posting, will be checking this tonite
I actually got the letter from the company but didn't react right away, this was a good reminder

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
My serial number was on the effected list. If it's in there, ten point's website has instructions on how to check and see if your bow needs repairs. Mine did not need anything done.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's a bummer during hunting season. Wouldn't it be great if they offered a loaner bow so you would have a good operating bow to use.

Cardinalbuck

NE Ohio
That's just great, of course my bow is recalled. I am restricted to xbow for the first part of the season due to injury and was hoping to make it out this week for the first time. It sounds like it may be safe to use even with recall, I will see what they say. Some bows have fired while the safety is on, so as long as I don't try to shoot with the safety on (why would I do this anyway?) I should be ok. Chances of me sending it to get fixed during the season are slim to none, seeing how I have been shooting it and it shoots just fine.

As Joel said there are instructions on their web site to see if yours needs a repair. Mine is on the list as well - I haven't checked the operation of the safety but I will so at least I know what I'm dealing with. Sorry to hear you're restricted to the cross bow. Hope yours is working properly and it's a non issue for you.

brancher147

Going to the website and checking mine today. Talked to tenpoint rep yesterday and she said the same thing, follow instructions on website to test your bow.