Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Used Hoyt for my brother

angelzd28

So my brother just graduated high school this last year and out of the blue called my dad and said he was going to buy a compound bow. Up until this point he has mostly just gun hunted with us and used a crossbow occasionally. Was always busy with football track and social life, which was perfectly ok for being in high school. Never the less my dad and I were super pumped to hear he wanted to get into bow hunting, even though its a week before the season started! He told me, Ive only got about $250 to spend, so me being the great brother I am found him a bow on craigslist. Went and picked a Hoyt Cybertec yesterday for him. The guy wanted for 250 for it and talked him into giving it up for 220, fully ready to shoot, case, release, whisker bisquit, and tru glo sight, just needs arrows. I shot it last night and was pretty impressed for it being one of the first Hoyt bows with the cam and half system.

Don't know a ton about this bow, anybody shoot these, heard good-bad? Was this a good deal? My dad and I are gonna try to get him ready to hunt, obviously not until he is fully confident and ready!

Hoyt Cybertec
20150923_191723.jpg20150923_191729.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome stuff!!!! I've never owned a Hoyt but heard tons of great stuff about them! I'm sure the Hoyt shooters will chime in shortly!!! Sounds like you got an unbelievable awesome deal!!! Congratulations on that!!! Just make sure it's tuned good before you sight it in!

rsmith

I recently bought a Hoyt Maxxis 35 over winter and loved it. I am not a name guy by any means love trying all kinds of brands out to make a decision on what I want but that's awesome you found him a great deal! Now get him out there and practicing so he can break in that baby!