Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black Bear?

jlacorte2

Central Ohio
I hunt WNF by the Gallia/Lawrence County line. I went down today to check a few of my cameras since I won't be able to get back down there for a few weeks and I have a picture of what I think might be a black bear. The pic isn't great quality and the animal is right up against the camera. I believe you can see the ear on the left side of the picture and the nose down at the bottom right. What are you guys thoughts?

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 7.43.32 PM.jpg

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
We have black bear here in NH and that's definitely a bear. It's not uncommon to get up close pictures of them. For some reason they find trail cameras interesting. I've got many pictures over the years of them checking out my cameras.

Gets me kind of excited to do some PA Bear drives....hopefully it will be me dragging out a bear this year instead of one of the other guys in the group.

Honestly beats hunting over bait by light-years and I would recommend to anyone who has never tried.

jlacorte2

Central Ohio
Thanks for the replies guys. What's the chances this thing is still in the area? They cover a pretty big area, correct? Only pic I have of it. Also when I walked up on the trail camera, the clips were unbuckled and the camera was on the ground. Nothing stolen, nothing broken.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Thanks for the replies guys. What's the chances this thing is still in the area? They cover a pretty big area, correct? Only pic I have of it. Also when I walked up on the trail camera, the clips were unbuckled and the camera was on the ground. Nothing stolen, nothing broken.

Yup bears will do that. I almost guarantee he knocked it down. I've had cameras dragged off before and found 20 or 30 yards from the tree.