Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Plots are gone

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My turnip plots are dead or destroyed. It looks like something got in there, but from Sept. 7th, the day I moved the cam, to today, there is 1 pic with 2 deer and a pic of a dog. Not happy.
August 23rd
IMG_20150823_101258288.jpg
Sept. 7th
IMG_20150907_100409582.jpg
Today
IMG_20150920_114054252_HDR.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn hate to see that. Groundhogs? Deer just ate it off? From the size it wouldn't take long.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Groundhogs will destroy a plot in no time. I've had single 'hogs wipe out 1/8 acre before the season opener.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm surprised I didn't get any pics of them. Bigslam suggested the same thing. What a gut punch.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Lack of light was my suspicion too but there is no evidence of dried up turnips. They are gone. This little strip is out on a field edge in a different location and looks great.uploadfromtaptalk1442786883336.jpg

themedic

OHIO
Don't feel bad, my turnip plots took a turn and wilted. Still time to spread oats.....that's what I'll be doing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I spent $100 on seed to out down on a property and lost the property to hunt today. You still have the property. And you still have some time. Good luck Mike.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about that.
Yep. It is what it is. I won't clutter Mike's thread with it. Stuff happens. Had I not mowed for the owner the other hunters probably wouldn't have had a clue I was in there. Oh well. Karma will come back around to them. Not holding any grudges. Won't do me any good.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I had turkeys and other birds destroy mine, caught a ground hog in one when i changed cards...mine aren't doing good either, oh well. About the dog though, is it the same one from last year? Maybe time for SSS!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
So you thinking it was lack of light rather than critters over grazing?
I think it was little of both. There are still plants in some areas, but they are on the small side. The strip plot in full sun has large plants. Thanks for the condolences.