Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pigeon Lovers

AMiller

I was at work when we noticed a pigeon on the rafter inside the shop. He jumped off and landed in a trash can and couldn't get out. So I reached in and picked him up.
image.jpg

Set him on the table, and ....
image.jpg

Double banded pigeon!!!!

He was nice enough to let me take a selfy with him before he flew off.
image.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would say it's someone's racer pigeon. Might have gotten confused in the storms yesterday.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Haha pigeon selfie. Nice. Good thing carpn wasn't around... That would've been a dead pigeon. Lol

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Haha pigeon selfie. Nice. Good thing carpn wasn't around... That would've been a dead pigeon. Lol

I didn't want to mention dead pigeon and I've ate gunny sacks full of pigeons in my younger days. My brother and I would almost clean out a barn in one night and have 5 gl. buckets full. Except 55-60 yrs ago we didn't have 5 gl. buckets but used feed sacks for the kill carry.
Damn they make good eating when you have 50-100 birds at a time.

AMiller

I thought about putting the pigeon in a pet crate and giving it to Carpn as an early Christmas present.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442789935.034008.jpg

In my defense I didn't know it was banded when it landed on the feeder. I'm going to get it mounted on some driftwood cupped up with it's leg out. Came from a racing pigeon club in Detroit.