Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Whitetail Inst. fall special

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
WTI is running a fall special on their Clover Brassicas blend which is a Perennial and should last 3-5 yrs.
Buy 2-2 lb. bags and get one bag free and free shipping for 29.97.
Normal price is 4 lbs for 39.97.
So a special fall price of 29.97 for 6 lbs.

4 lbs plants .5 ac.

I've had great luck with the WTI clover for 3 seasons now. And the brassicas I planted in 2014 was eat down to the ground over winter. Plus I'm having bad luck getting a fall crop to grow from the lack of rain and now we're running out of time.
For 2016 season I'm planting this clover-brassicas mix and cut back on my oats crop since I lost my oats planting this year. Then I have a new food plot going in on the west side of my farm that I started this year.

Last edited:

themedic

OHIO
How has brand name seed done against regular old feed store seed? I have yet to buy anything specifically marketed for deer

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Think what you want and save a dollar but WTI seed does better. I tried 3 other seed companies seed and it didn't do well. One other companiy seed I got a evil grass in 2014 that wiped out 2 plantings in 2014 and 2015. I've learned my lesson and only plant WTI seed and buy when they have their fall special over runs and free shipping. I save 40-50% that way. Plus I always have seed on hand ready to plant on a days notice.

My adjoining property is 110 ac of horse hay. I see deer walk out of the brush and walk non stop though the hay field and go straight to my food plot plantings. If that's not a sign it's better feed I don't know what is.

Last edited: