Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to Ohio Outdoors

Powers84

I'm originally from Quincy, Illinois and have been living in Dayton, Ohio for the past 5-6 yrs stationed at WPAFB. My step father owns some land back in Quincy on the border of Adams/Pike county line and we have found some awesome Arrowhead/Points. I have become really interested in the history of arrowheads and I think they are really awesome as well. I have shared some good memories looking for points with my step father and has become a hobby for both of us. Since being in Ohio I haven't found a place to look, I have been told it is illegal to pick up Arrowheads/Points on Public land and that you have to look on private property. I was wondering if this is true and if there are any places I could look around the Dayton area, or if anybody had some land they didn't mind me looking on. Thanks for any help.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO. To the best of my knowledge it would be illegal to pick up a arrow head on Public land. Hell I don't think you can even pick a flower. But I'm sure someone else will jump in and correct me.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. Illegal to remove from public land. With that said, if you don't someone will.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Your an arrowhead nut like me then?!?!
Yeah, Mike had a great suggestion as to find some nice farm land along a river, such as Little Miami, Miami and Mad River. Ask some local farmers and start from there.
Also, welcome to TOO.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Welcome, I TOO am an arrowhead enthusiast, although I have not been able to get out much the past few years. I have had good luck in plowed fields on high spots overlooking streams where flood waters wouldn't quite reach. Any plowed field in a river bottom has potential also.

Powers84

Welcome, I TOO am an arrowhead enthusiast, although I have not been able to get out much the past few years. I have had good luck in plowed fields on high spots overlooking streams where flood waters wouldn't quite reach. Any plowed field in a river bottom has potential also.

Wanted to thank everyone for the info, I appreciate it and hope I can find something. Shocked by all the replies so quick.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm from Northern Illinois originally and had good luck in the Dekalb area, but Northwest Ohio has been tough.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I have a hard time finding my pecker in my pants let alone finding some arrow heads.

Holy shit did I just type that out? [emoji33]

Oh well, home brews be flowing good tonight. Either way welcome to the best damn place on the web, and best of luck with your search for some arrow heads.