Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening Day - Where will you be?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Motors talk of the opening day weather brought up the thought of where everyone will spend their opening day hunt(s). I'm going to spend the morning in my blind overlooking the Paradise plot like I have the past 4-5 seasons. I'll most likely spend the evening hunt in one of 3 stands I have in our creek bottom at the farm.

So where will you be?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
East winds kill me but I imagine the best spot for that wind is where I seen most of my action last year when I tagged my doe and seen all the chasing in October. The only thing that could change that is the other DS that have not stepped foot out there all year that just wonder. Who knows where they will end up or what path they will take to get there. Always hate the beginning of season because I never know if and when these guys will be around and what not. I could plan the best spot for me but it only takes 1 of those other guys to screw it all up on their way in since they normally walk right down the middle of the bedding area lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Setting up on a grassy knoll to JFK a doe coming out into a alfalfa field... The buck I've been seeing is coming out of a wood lot 30 yards from a corn field that I can't get into without spooking hi out.... Going too have too wait for the rut for him too move around some.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
With my son. . . .Wherever Brock puts us. And I am looking forward to the time in the woods with him (my son, not Brock) more than anything.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
In the morning I will be in a blind. In the evening I was supposed to be at a wedding. Told the wife I wasn't going b/c it was opening day. However, you of my best friends from my military days is having a huge bash at his house near Ft. Wayne Indiana. He just got out of the Army, time to celebrate. Ill be there in the evening, free booze and not a boring wedding. :)

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
With my son. . . .Wherever Brock puts us. And I am looking forward to the time in the woods with him (my son, not Brock) more than anything.

Phil, that is awesome news! Hope you too have a great time! Both of you will never forget it no matter what happens!

I TOO will be with my son..............and my daughters...........at home or at a park or whatever the day may bring for us to do together........I'm working 8 hours OT this coming sunday which earned me a morning hunt on sunday of opening weekend. If its an east wind I will likely be in a new set I hung in the SW corner of the property, I have trails east of my stand and north of my stand so my scent will blow out into the bean field...only thing is I would walking down wind to get to it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gee, thanks! You should be in the middle of a gutpile by 830.... :)
Lmao! I look forward to the Brock and Mason time as well, but I haven't seen this sort of enthusiasm out of Garrett in a while. Guess Brock will have to play second fiddle. Sorry Brock.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I were planning on taking a recurve(me) and Mission (Mason), since we cant get a pic of one of our target bucks. Since we glassed one of them last night, that may change. The biggest thing causing anticipation around here is Phil and his sons visit. Mason wants Garrett to get a shot in the worst way, to the point he feels the need to second guess every thing Im doing! I dont know who he thinks set him up on every deer hes killed... :)