Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Free Dermested Beetles

LonewolfNopack

The woods
All,

I am doing the annual cleaning of my beetle tank soon and will be throwing out a bunch of flesh eating beetles. These are taxidermy grade beetles and I have cleaned many of skulls and bones with them the last couple years. I only need a couple hundred to start a new colony pretty quickly, so the rest will be getting turned into compost. If someone wants to keep beetles to start cleaning skulls on their own or wants a new hobby, let me know in the next few days. You can pick them up at my house in Ross county or I work in Highland, Fayette and Pickaway counties and I can meet you somewhere in one of those counties. I know its a long shot but I just wanted to throw it out there before I get rid of them.

Thanks,

Seth

LonewolfNopack

The woods
In my experience they are low maintenance. I usually check on them once a day, feed them every few days. Spray water in with them every few days. Also very clean so long as you do not put any more then they can eat at one time. You probably will want them in a barn or a garage somewhere. I have a nice old freezer converted into a beetle house, but a lot of guys keep it as simple as a fish tank. If you want more info just let me know. Temp must be around 75 dgrees, I use a small space heater with built in thermostat. If you have them in a heated building you should be fine at room temperature.